XRP Price Prediction for October 2026
XRP has surged 46% in 90 days, but a looming Federal Reserve decision on October 28 threatens to reverse every bit of that momentum. Find out what the key price levels are and why billions in unreleased tokens could complicate…
This post may contain links from our sponsors and affiliates, and Flywheel Publishing may receive compensation for actions taken through them.
As we head into October 2026, XRP (CRYPTO: XRP) has risen 46% over the last 90 days. However, the outcome of the Federal Reserve’s meeting on October 28 could greatly influence our XRP price prediction for the month. Currently, XRP is priced at $1.49, down 2.5% today, but it has grown 40% over 60 days, climbing from a low of around $1.09 in August.
While this rebound is notable, it hasn’t completely recovered the losses XRP has seen this year. The token is down 17.6% for 2026, while Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) has fallen only 3.5% and Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH) by 9.5%. This raises an important question for October: will XRP’s recent rally continue amid a possible interest rate hike, or will it falter under that pressure?
XRP’s 46% Rebound Still Leaves It 59% Below Its Record

Over the past month, XRP has generally trended alongside the overall market rather than leading it. In the last 30 days, XRP gained 8.5%, which is slightly ahead of Bitcoin’s 7.9% but behind Ethereum’s 9.2%. This suggests that recent buying activity has boosted multiple cryptocurrencies, rather than specifically benefiting XRP.
Looking at the bigger picture, XRP still has a long way to go to recover. It has dropped 47.2% over the past year, compared to 24.7% for Bitcoin and 35.2% for Ethereum. Additionally, it’s trading 59% below its all-time peak of $3.65, reached on July 17, 2025.
To return to that price, XRP would need to climb by 145%. Its current market capitalization stands around $93.7 billion, representing about 3.3% of the entire cryptocurrency market.
The October 27-28 Fed Meeting Is the Month’s Biggest Test for XRP

The Federal Reserve recently raised its benchmark interest rate to a range of 3.75% to 4% on September 16, and many traders are anticipating another increase. According to CME FedWatch—a tool used to gauge market expectations for future rate meetings—there’s about a 64% probability of a quarter-point rate hike during the Fed’s meeting on October 27-28.
Higher interest rates can hurt XRP because the token pays no interest or dividends. For example, the 10-year Treasury yield was 5.2% as of September 25, which means investors holding XRP miss out on a steady return. If rates rise further on October 28, it could potentially increase the cost of holding XRP.
37 Billion Unreleased XRP Outweigh $1.8 Billion in Fund Holdings

Currently, approximately 62.9 billion XRP tokens are in circulation, out of a maximum supply of 100 billion. Most of the remaining 37 billion tokens, valued at around $55 billion at the current price, are held within Ripple’s escrow—time-locked accounts that release XRP on a pre-set schedule.
This means any tokens entering the market need buyers just to maintain stable prices. In many instances, rallies can quickly run into selling pressure because of the continuous influx of new tokens.
On the demand side, things look more promising than in earlier cycles. As of September 25, U.S. spot XRP ETFs—funds designed to hold XRP for investors—boasted around $1.8 billion in net assets and attracted about $75.6 million from September 22 to 25, according to SoSoValue. However, while these funds provide some support, $1.8 billion accounts for only about 1.9% of XRP’s market value, so they are unlikely to drive significant price moves on their own.
What’s the XRP Price Prediction for October 2026?
Given current market conditions, we don’t expect XRP to make a significant breakout in October. Instead, we expect a more volatile month, with prices hovering between $1.25 and $1.70. While the recent rally has momentum, factors such as a likely interest rate hike, a 5.2% Treasury yield, and the steady release of unreleased tokens all pose challenges. Moreover, the fund buying activity is too limited to offset these pressures.
The immediate resistance level is the $1.66 high reached on September 23, about 11% above current prices. The next crucial breakout level is the $1.70 high from August 22, requiring a 14% gain from current prices and likely benefiting from a Fed pause.
On the downside, if price drops below the September 16 low of $1.25 (about 16% down), it could trigger a further decline toward the August low, a potential 27% drop.
Contact [email protected] for any questions or corrections.








