What to Expect When Chipotle Reports After the Close
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is scheduled to release its fourth-quarter financial results after the markets close on Wednesday. Thomson Reuters consensus estimates call for $1.34 in earnings per share (EPS) and $1.19 billion in revenue. The same period of last year reportedly had $1.34 in EPS and $1.11 billion in revenue.
At the beginning of January, Chipotle released a new collection of Lifestyle Bowls that cater to different diets that customers may have taken on the New Year. The new line includes a Paleo Salad Bowl, Keto Salad Bowl, Whole30 Salad Bowl and Double Protein Bowl, all exclusively available through the mobile app and on the Chipotle website for in-restaurant pickup or delivery.
These diet-driven menu offerings are helping those who have committed to living a healthier lifestyle by making it easy to order delicious bowls that only contain the real ingredients permitted by certain diet regimens.
For the basis of comparison: comparable restaurant sales increased 4.4% in the third quarter. At the same time, digital sales grew 48.3% in the quarter and accounted for 11.2% of sales.
Overall, Chipotle has outperformed the broad markets, with its stock up about 22% year to date. In the past 52 weeks, the stock is up about 69%.
A few analysts weighed in on Chipotle ahead of the results:
- Robert Baird has an Outperform rating with a $600 price target.
- Wells Fargo has a Market Perform rating and a $486 price target.
- Piper Jaffray’s Overweight rating comes with a $590 price target.
- BTIG Research has a Buy rating with a $605 target price.
- JPMorgan has a Neutral rating and a $500 target price.
- Maxim has a Hold rating with a $510 price target.
- Telsey Advisory Group has an Outperform rating and a $500 target.
Shares of Chipotle were last seen at $523.25 on Wednesday, in a 52-week range of $247.52 to $543.90. The consensus analyst price target is $489.16.