Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-B, BRK-A) has shown its holdings as of the close of business for December 31, 2009, so that being said these are Warren Buffett’s most recent holdings going into 2010. We have already seen how some holdings have been trimmed, and some of these holdings will have been further cut even since the end of the year. These have been broken down into 3 groups of ‘A to F’ and ‘G to P’ and ‘R to Z’ so it is more concise and clear. Here are Warren Buffett’s holdings and accompanying notes for the group ‘A ot F.’
- American Express Co. (NYSE: AXP) over 151.6 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) 5 million shares; same as last quarter.
- Becton Dickinson & Co. (NYSE: BDX) is a raised position 1.5 million shares, was only 1.2 million in prior quarter.
- Carmax Inc. (NYSE: KMX) is a decreased position of 8 million shares, down from 9 million one quarter ago.
- Coca Cola Co. (NYSE: KO) right at 200 million shares, still same as before.
- Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) 12 million shares, same as before.
- Comdisco Holdings (NASDAQ: CDCO) roughly 1.5 million shares, same as before.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) is a decreased position of 37.7 million, was 57.43 million shares before and down from 62.485 million at the end of June.
- Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) 5.254 million shares, same as before.
- Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) is a decreased holding of only 421,800 shares, this was a new holding last quarter and was 1.276 million shares.
Burlington Northern Santa Fe (NYSE: BNI) was of course still a holding, but this no longer matters as it has been acquired in a deal which was completed Friday.
You can join our open email distribution list to hear more news on Buffett and other investment gurus, IPOs, secondary offerings, private equity, key analyst calls, and more.
JON C. OGG
Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.