Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-B, BRK-A) has just filed its year-end holdings for 2009, so these are Warren Buffett’s most recent holdings going into 2010. We have already seen some holdings get trimmed even since that cut-off date. We broke these holdings out into 3 groups of ‘A to F’ and ‘G to P’ and ‘R to Z’ so it is more concise and clear. Here are Warren Buffett’s holdings and accompanying notes for the group ‘G to P’ and we included some non-equity positions here which Buffett holds large stakes in.
- Gannett Co. (NYSE: GCI) is a decreased holding of 2.202 million shares, down from 3.447 million last quarter.
- General Electric Corp. (NYSE: GE) 7.777 million shares is the same as before, but does not include the huge preferred investment from late 2008.
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (NYSE: GS) is NOT a common stock… but Buffett still holds the preferred shares and warrants.
- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) 1.51 million shares, same as before.
- Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE: HOG) is NOT a common stock… but Buffett still holds the preferred shares and warrants.
- Home Depot Inc. (NYSE: HD) 2.757 million, same as last quarter.
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE: IR) 636,600 shares; same as last quarter but way down from the 7.78 million two quarters ago.
- Iron Mountain (NYSE: IRM) is a raised holding of 7 million shares versus 3.3722 million shares a quarter ago.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) is a decreased position of just over 27 million shares; this is down from just over 36.91 million shares before and still well under the 62 million shares at one point in 2008.
- Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT) over 138 million; same as last quarter.
- Lowe’s Companies (NYSE: LOW) 6.5 million shares, same as last quarter.
- M&T Bank Corp. (NYSE: MTB) 6.71 million shares, same as before.
- Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is decreased again to 31.8 million shares versus 39.2 million shares a quarter before and under the 48 million the quarter before that.
- Nalco Holding (NYSE: NLC) 9.0 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Nestle ADR is 3.4 million shares, same as before.
- Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) 7.641 million shares, same as before.
- Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) is a decreased position of approximately 87.5 million shares, down from 96.3 million.
Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) has been eliminated in the quarter as Buffett already had his all-in bet on America with BNSF.
NRG Energy (NYSE: NRG) has been eliminated as a position entirely, down from 7.2 million last quarter.
You can join our free daily email distribution list to hear more news on Buffett and other investment gurus, IPOs, secondary offerings, private equity, key analyst calls, and more.
JON C. OGG