Home security can be complicated. A lot of devices. A lot of vendors. A lot of price points. A lot of details. Do people want the fire department to come to their homes every time an alarm is tripped? That can be expensive. Zillow has been good enough to pass along some advice
In a piece entitled 10 Expert-Approved Home Security Tips for First-Time Homeowners, the research company passes along tips that would be valuable to any home owner:
1. Assess the security situation before you buy.
2. Take your neighborhood for a test drive.
3. Do your research.
4. Meet your neighbors.
5. Perform a home security audit.
6. Identify your local emergency services.
8. Shop around.
9. Don’t rule out DIY (self installed, wireless) systems.
10. Consider financial benefits.
Completely self explanatory. No. 3, on research, is really all anyone needs