These are some of the changes we have seen in the holdings of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A). We have consolidated these into groups and this group is alphabetical from A to H for the quarter ended on September 30, 2008:
- American Express Co. (NYSE: AXP) 151,610,700 shares
- Anheuser Busch Cos. Inc. (NYSE: BUD) taken to 13,845,000 shares, from under under 15 million last quarter and from over 35 million in March
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) 5,000,000 shares; DOWN from 9.1 million shares in June
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe (NYSE: BNI) 63,785,418 shares (although higher now)
- Carmax Inc. (NYSE: KMX) 18,444,100; DOWN from 21.3 million shares in June
- Coca Cola (NYSE: KO) 200,000,000 shares (same)
- Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) 12 million shares (same)
- Comdisco Holdings (NASDAQ: CDCO) over 1.5 million shares
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) 59,688,000 in one unit, but about 83.9 million total; position was known about generally last quarter, but the size had been kept confidential.
- Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) 5.254 million shares (same)
- Gannett Co. (NYSE: GCI) 3.447 million shares (same)
- General Electric Corp. (NYSE: GE) 7.777 million shares (same Sept., but now more)
- GlaxoSmithkline (NYSE: GSK) 1.51 million shares (same)
- Home Depot Inc. (NYSE: HD) 3.7 Million shares; Down from 4,181,000 in June
Eaton Corp. (NYSE: ETN) was also listed as a new position for Berkshire, with more than 2.9 million shares being listed as the new position.
You can join our open email distribution list to hear about other IPO’s, secondary offerings, private placements, merger, special situations, rumors, Warren Buffett developments, and more.
Jon C. Ogg
November 14, 2008