As we enter the fall season, the prospect of warm drinks, colder weather, football and falling leaves fills our heads. For many this is a favorite time of the year, enjoying the weather and atmosphere. For everyone else, we just want our coffee so we can function, but what makes the fall great is that it is a coffee drinkers’ paradise. One of the highlights of the fall season is the variety of drinks that Starbucks Corp. (NASDAQ: SBUX) offers.
As much as most of us have a favorite Starbucks order, there are still some thoughts that come to mind when we order. Is a Grande or Venti enough, or how many calories are in this drink? For those that are more health conscious or just looking to cut a few calories here and there, we are here to help.
By and large most Starbucks drinks don’t total that much on the bottom line, but here at 24/7 Wall St. we have put together a list of those containing the highest number of calories. At the same time, we have listed out the highest calorie foods on the Starbucks menu too.
Some of the notables that made the list were a series of Frappuccino drinks and the world famous Pumpkin Spice Latte.
By way of comparison a regular 12 oz. Coke is 140 calories, while a large shake from McDonald’s runs about 820 calories. All of these drinks we have listed fall somewhere in between. On the food side, the Big Mac from McDonald’s totals 563 calories, which comes in above all the Starbucks menu items.
The Starbucks drinks with the highest calorie count are (note that these are at their largest sizes):
- Hot Chocolate: 420 calories
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate: 510 calories
- Caramelized Honey Latte: 430 calories
- Pumpkin Spice Latte: 400 calories
- Salted Caramel Mocha: 460 calories
- White Chocolate Mocha: 500 calories
- Frappuccino Blended Coffees and Beverages: 450 calories
- Smoked Butterscotch Steamer: 460 calories
- Chocolate Smoothie: 400 calories
Note that there are a large number of Frappuccino Blended Coffees and Beverages that hit the 450 calorie mark. There are others that are “Light” that fall below this as well.
On the food side:
- Iced Lemon Pound Cake: 470 calories
- Cheese and Fruit Bistro Box: 470 calories
- Old-Fashioned Glazed Donut: 480 calories
- Egg Salad Sandwich: 480 calories
- Italian-Style Ham & Spicy Salami: 480 calories
- Sausage Cheddar & Egg Breakfast Sandwich: 500 calories
- Spicy Chorizo Monterey Jack & Egg Breakfast Sandwich: 500 calories
- BBQ Beef Brisket on Sourdough: 510 calories
- Chicken Artichoke on Ancient Grain Flatbread: 510 calories
- Turkey Pesto Panini: 520 calories
- Old Fashioned Grilled Cheese: 580 calories