Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone, and Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) stands to be one of the biggest winners from the kickoff of holiday shopping. The company announced early on Tuesday that Cyber Monday was once again the single biggest shopping day in the company’s history.
With more products ordered worldwide than any other day, Cyber Monday topped the charts for Amazon yet again.
The Turkey 5, as the company is calling it — those five popular shopping days starting with Thanksgiving and continuing through Cyber Monday — broke records as customers in the U.S. purchased millions more products over the five-day period than in the same period last year. In fact, Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 18 million toys and more than 13 million fashion items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined.
Amazon gave the following highlights from the Turkey 5:
- Sales by small and medium-sized businesses worldwide grew more than 20 percent on Black Friday year-over-year.
- Prime members got into the Christmas spirit over the holiday weekend—Christmas lights were a bestseller on Prime Now.
- The best-selling products at Amazon Pop-Up device kiosks over the Turkey 5 weekend included the all-new Echo Dot and the Amazon Smart Plug.
- Customers ordered more than four million toys and electronics on the mobile app on Black Friday.
- The best-selling products across Amazon.com on Cyber Monday included the all-new Echo Dot, AncestryDNA: Genetic Testing Ethnicity, Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Apple devices, Becoming by Michelle Obama, Jenga, and Instant Pot DUO60 – 6 Quart.
Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, commented:
Black Friday and Cyber Monday continue to break records on Amazon year over year, which tells us that customers love shopping for deals to kick off the holiday shopping season. With curated gift guides, convenient shopping experiences, incredible product selection, and free shipping with no minimum purchase amount, Amazon offers customers tremendous value—sure to deliver smiles all season long.
Shares of Amazon were last seen at $1,566.84, in a 52-week range of $1,124.74 to $2,050.50. The consensus analyst price target is $2,136.26.