Prime Day has come and gone, and Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) seems to be pleased with the result. This Prime Day was in fact the biggest global shopping event in the history of Amazon.
Sales this Prime Day surpassed Cyber Monday, Black Friday and the previous Prime Day, when comparing 36-hour periods, making this once again the biggest shopping event in Amazon history.
Prime members worldwide purchased more than 100 million products during this year’s Prime Day event.
Best-sellers worldwide were the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and Echo Dot, making this, with 12-hour early access to device deals, the biggest event ever for Amazon devices.
For the first time, U.S. Prime members celebrated Prime Day with a week of savings at Whole Foods Market. Members saved millions of dollars at Whole Foods with Prime Day deals, of which the best-selling deal was organic strawberries. Separately, small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon far exceeded $1 billion in sales this Prime Day.
Amazon listed some of the U.S. highlights from this Prime Day as follows:
- July 17 was the biggest sales day for smart home devices in Amazon history, with over a million devices sold.
- Ring had its biggest day ever on Amazon on July 16, with the Ring Video Doorbell Pro selling out.
- The Amazon Cloud Cam was the best-selling security camera deal in Amazon history.
- For the first time, U.S. Prime members celebrated Prime Day with a week of savings at Whole Foods Market. Members saved millions of dollars at Whole Foods Market with Prime Day deals, of which the best-selling deal was organic strawberries.
- Members purchased more than 300,000 Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use and 150,000 LifeStraw Personal Water Filters.
- Members stocked up for back-to-school and off-to-college season, purchasing millions of pencils and pens.
- Some of the top sellers from Amazon brands, by category, were Stone & Beam Ceramic Geometric Table L Presto! Ultra Soft Toilet Paper; Daily Ritual Women’s Jersey Short-Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt Dress and AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet.
Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer, Amazon, commented:
Prime Day offers us a unique opportunity to thank Prime members with our best deals. Extending Prime Day to a day and a half this year allowed us to further reward members with unbeatable deals, access to exclusive new products and unforgettable experiences that highlight the many benefits of a Prime membership. All of this was made possible because of our many valued associates – the global team that continues to make Prime Day bigger and better.
Shares of Amazon were last seen at $1,841.56, with a consensus analyst price target of $1,868.47 and a 52-week trading range of $931.75 to $1,858.88.
Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.