Published Wednesday in the DailyMail:
Ben Hsu fell asleep with the pair of wireless headphones still in his ears but woke up unable to find one of them. Using an iPhone tracking feature he discovered the device was still in his room and heard its beeping sound following him around.
He said: ‘I checked under my blanket and looked around but couldn’t find it—then I realised the sound was coming from my stomach.’…
He went to Kaohsiung Municipal United Hospital where medics confirmed he had swallowed the AirPod. Doctors gave him a laxative and told him to inspect his waste for any sign of the device. After washing the AirPod and letting it dry Mr Hsu was amazed to find that it still worked.
“The battery was still at 41 percent!” he said.
My take: The perfect Daily Mail story, true or not. Thanks to friend-of-the-blog Jerry Doyle for spotting it.