- First 3rd quarter since 2007 that all nine airlines will report profits.
- First time since 2007 all nine airlines will have two consecutive profitable quarters.
- Delta, Continental, US Airways, Southwest, Jet Blue, and Alaska will report record high 3rd quarter profits.
- Southwest, JetBlue, Alaska, and Air Tran will report record high 3rd quarter revenues.
- The estimated 7.2% average 3rd quarter profit margin would be the highest margin for at least the last 15 years.
- Over the last decade, 2007 was the only other year the airline industry had a 3rd quarter profit.
- Since 2000, the nine airlines noted in this report accumulated over $2.4 billion in losses for 2001, 2002, 2005, and 2008.
- After accounting for the $2.4 billion profit for the 3rd quarter 2010, the nine airlines noted here have accumulated $8.7 billion in Q3 losses since 2000.
Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.