This is the list of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A)(BRK-B) public US equity holdings as of September 30, 2009. As noted in the “A to F” and “G to O” lists, there have been changes since the cut off date and those have been noted where applicable. Here are Warren Buffett’s holdings and accompanying notes for the group ‘P to Z.’
- Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) 96.3 million, the same as before.
- Republic Services Inc. (NYSE: RSG) 3.625 million shares; NEW POSITION following Bill Gates.
- Sanofi Aventis (NYSE: SNY) more than 3.9 million shares, same as before.
- Sun Trust Bank (NYSE: STI) 3.079 million shares; DOWN FROM 3.2+ the quarter before.
- Torchmark Corp. (NYSE: TMK) roughly 2.82 million, same as before.
- Travellers Cos (NYSE: TRV) 27,336; NEW POSITION but small.
- US Bancorp (NYSE: USB) roughly 69 million; Same as quarter before.
- USG Corp. (NYSE: USG) 17.072 million shares, same as before.
- United Health Group (NYSE: UNH) 3.4 million shares; DOWN from 4.5 million last quarter and down from over 6 million in Q1.
- Union Pacific Corp. (NYSE: UNP) 9.55 million shares, same as quarter before but this does not matter as Buffett is dumping his non-BNSF rail holdings.
- United Parcel Service (NYSE: UPS) 1.429 million shares, same as before.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) 37.8 million; WAY UP from the 19.9+ million shares last quarter.
- Washington Post (NYSE: WPO) over 1.72 million shares, same as before.
- Wells Fargo & Co. (NYSE: WFC) 313.3 million shares; ABOVE THE PRIOR 302+ million last quarter and above the 290+ million in Q1.
- Wellpoint Inc. (NYSE: WLP) 3.394 million; DOWN SLIGHTLY from the 3.5 million last quarter and from the 4.7773 million in Q1.
- Wesco Financial Corp. (NYSE: WSC) 5.7 million shares, same as before.
WABCO Holdings (NYSE: WBC) IS GONE after being 2.7 million shares last quarter.
You can join our open email distribution list to hear more news on Buffett and other investment gurus, IPOs, secondary offerings, private equity, key analyst calls, and more.
JON C. OGG
Sponsored: Find a Qualified Financial Advisor
Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to 3 fiduciary financial advisors in your area in 5 minutes. Each advisor has been vetted by SmartAsset and is held to a fiduciary standard to act in your best interests. If you’re ready to be matched with local advisors that can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.