Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A)(BRK-B) has its Q3-2009 public equity holdings as of September 30, 2009. In our group “A to F” we noted some interim changes in the lot. Here are Warren Buffett’s holdings and accompanying notes for the group ‘G to O.’
- Gannett Co. (NYSE: GCI) 3.447 million shares, same as before.
- General Electric Corp. (NYSE: GE) 7.777 million shares is the same as before, but does not include the huge preferred investment from late 2008.
- GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK) 1.51 million shares, same as before.
- Home Depot Inc. (NYSE: HD) 2.757 million, same as last quarter.
- Ingersoll-Rand (NYSE: IR) 636,600 shares; WAY DOWN from the 7.78 million listed last quarter.
- Iron Mountain (NYSE: IRM) 3.3722 million shares, same as before.
- Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) was just over 36.91 million shares; Same as last quarter and still well under the 62 million shares at one point in 2008.
- Kraft Foods (NYSE: KFT) over 138 million; same as last quarter.
- Lowe’s Companies (NYSE: LOW) 6.5 million shares, same as last quarter.
- M&T Bank Corp. (NYSE: MTB) 6.71 million shares, same as before.
- Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) was listed as over 39.2 million shares, but that is WAY DOWN from the 48 million last quarter. Be advised that he has noted sales and hinted at more sales here.
- Nalco Holding (NYSE: NLC) 9.0 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Nike Inc. (NYSE: NKE) 7.641 million shares, same as before.
- Norfolk Southern (NYSE: NSC) 1.933 million shares, same as before, but we already know Buffett has or is selling out of non-BNSF shares in rail companies.
- NRG Energy (NYSE: NRG) 7.2 million, same as before.
You can join our open email distribution list to hear more news on Buffett and other investment gurus, IPOs, secondary offerings, private equity, key analyst calls, and more.
JON C. OGG