Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK-A)(BRK-B) has shown its Q3-2009 holdings as of September 30, 2009. We had already seen how his securities holdings were up on the books in the holdings with earnings. There are also some portfolio changes that have taken place since the September 30 cut-off date. These have been broken down into 3 groups of ‘A to F’ and ‘G to O’ and ‘P to Z’ so it is more concise and clear. Here are Warren Buffett’s holdings and accompanying notes for the group ‘A ot F.’
- American Express Co. (NYSE: AXP) over 151.6 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) 5 million shares; same as last quarter.
- Becton Dickinson & Co. (NYSE: BDX) 1.2 million shares, same as last quarter.
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe (NYSE: BNI) was reported as 76.77 million shares but frankly it does not really matter as BNSF is becoming part of Berkshire.
- Carmax Inc. (NYSE: KMX) 9 million shares is same as last quarter.
- Coca Cola Co. (NYSE: KO) right at 200 million shares, still same as before.
- Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) 12 million shares, same as before.
- Comdisco Holdings (NASDAQ: CDCO) roughly 1.5 million shares, same as before.
- ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) 57.43 million shares, DOWN FROM 62.485 million at the end of June.
- Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) 5.254 million shares, same as before.
- Exxon Mobil Corp. (NYSE: XOM) is a NEW HOLDING of 1.276 million shares.
Eaton Corp. (NYSE: ETN) was NOT LISTED ANY LONGER, so sold from holdings.
You can join our open email distribution list to hear more news on Buffett and other investment gurus, IPOs, secondary offerings, private equity, key analyst calls, and more.
JON C. OGG
Sponsored: Tips for Investing
A financial advisor can help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of investment properties. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three financial advisors who serve your area, and you can interview your advisor matches at no cost to decide which one is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
Investing in real estate can diversify your portfolio. But expanding your horizons may add additional costs. If you’re an investor looking to minimize expenses, consider checking out online brokerages. They often offer low investment fees, helping you maximize your profit.