Tech stocks are far from immune in the selling. We put together a list of the major stocks trading sharply lower on active trading and we listed the previous 52-week lows to put this in perspective.
- Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ: MSFT) is trading down over 7% at $at $20.70, despite being up after earnings last night. Its prior 52-week low was $20.65.
- Cisco Systems (NASDAQ: CSCO) is trading down almost 7% at $16.06 on active volume, and its prior 52-week low was $16.20.
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) is down 8.5% pre-market at $89.85 on active volume, and its 52-week low is $85.00.
- Research-In-Motion (NASDAQ: RIMM) is down about 11% at $41.15 on active trading, and its prior 52-week low was $44.05..
- Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is trading down over 7% at $13.47 pre-market on active volume, and its prior 52-week low was $13.90.
- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) is trading down over 9% pre-market at $45.55 on active trading volume, and its 52-week low from earlier this week was $43.31.
- Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) is down 9% at $10.91 on somewhat thin pre-market volume, and its prior 52-week low was $11.47.
Jon C. Ogg
October 24, 2008