Special Report

This Is the Most Popular Boy Name in Every State Since 2001

Source: 24/7 Wall Street

Oklahoma
> Most popular boy’s name, 2001-2019: Jacob
> Pct. of boys named Jacob, 2001-2019: 1.2%
> Boys named Jacob, 2001-2019: 4,693 (out of 388,752)
> Most popular in: 2001 with 456 baby boys named Jacob
> Meaning and origin: The name is derived from the Latin name Iacobus and is of Hebrew origin, meaning “supplanter.”

Source: 24/7 Wall Street

Oregon
> Most popular boy’s name, 2001-2019: Jacob
> Pct. of boys named Jacob, 2001-2019: 1.1%
> Boys named Jacob, 2001-2019: 4,018 (out of 354,826)
> Most popular in: 2001 with 389 baby boys named Jacob
> Meaning and origin: The name is derived from the Latin name Iacobus and is of Hebrew origin, meaning “supplanter.”

Source: 24/7 Wall Street

Pennsylvania
> Most popular boy’s name, 2001-2019: Michael
> Pct. of boys named Michael, 2001-2019: 1.4%
> Boys named Michael, 2001-2019: 16,828 (out of 1,165,214)
> Most popular in: 2001 with 1,438 baby boys named Michael
> Meaning and origin: Michael comes from the Hebrew name Mikha’el, which means “who is like God?,” implying that no one is like God.

Source: 24/7 Wall Street

Rhode Island
> Most popular boy’s name, 2001-2019: Michael
> Pct. of boys named Michael, 2001-2019: 2.0%
> Boys named Michael, 2001-2019: 1,605 (out of 81,630)
> Most popular in: 2003 with 150 baby boys named Michael
> Meaning and origin: Michael comes from the Hebrew name Mikha’el, which means “who is like God?,” implying that no one is like God.

Source: 24/7 Wall Street

South Carolina
> Most popular boy’s name, 2001-2019: William
> Pct. of boys named William, 2001-2019: 1.9%
> Boys named William, 2001-2019: 7,787 (out of 403,807)
> Most popular in: 2001 with 533 baby boys named William
> Meaning and origin: This is a version of the Germanic name Willahelm, which combines “wil” (will, desire) and “helm” (helmet, protection).