Some ARK Invest exchange-traded funds run by ETF star Cathie Wood made huge purchases on Thursday. In particular, six funds bought over 5.6 million shares altogether of Palantir Technologies Inc. (NYSE: PLTR) on Thursday, as moves in the prices of these funds were mixed on the day. Note that these ETFs are up a fair amount in the past year.
Specifically, the following funds purchased shares of Palantir:
- ARK Fintech Innovation ETF (NYSEARCA: ARKF): 370,643 shares
- ARK Genomic Revolution ETF (NYSEARCA: ARKG): 1,727,500 shares
- ARK Innovation ETF (NYSEARCA: ARKK): 2,295,428 shares
- ARK Autonomous Technology & Robotics ETF (NYSEARCA: ARKQ): 559,054 shares
- ARK Next Generation Internet ETF (NYSEARCA: ARKW): 587,952 shares
- ARK Space Exploration & Innovation ETF (NYSEARCA: ARKX): 61,748 shares.
At Thursday’s closing price, this would have valued all these purchases at more than $139.4 million. Even though this is a small fraction of the total holdings, every little bit counts. These funds are up between 39% and 56% in the past year.
Here’s a look at all of ARK Invest’s purchases on Thursday, including Palantir:
Catherine Wood, the CEO and CIO of ARK Investment Management, is a minority and nonvoting shareholder of 24/7 Wall St.