Fiat Chrysler Automobile N.V.’s (NYSE: FCAU) Dodge division produces and sells the most powerful street car in the world. The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has 840 horsepower and can accelerate from 0 to 60 MPH in 2.3 seconds. Dodge now offers several extra features for $1 each.
The car is expensive by Dodge standards. The Challenger SRT Demon starts at a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $84,995 (including $1,700 gas guzzler tax, excluding $1,095 destination). However, most cars nearly as fast cost well over $100,000, and in some cases two or three times that.
Dodge puts the performance at 840 horsepower and 770 lb.-ft. of torque.
For the extra $1, Dodge offers a front passenger seat (the car comes with only one seat, the driver’s) or a rear seat made of close or leather/ A Demon trunk carpet kit also is available for $1. At least Dodge now offers the car so that it can hold more than one person.
Like a real car, the Challenger SRT Demon even has a warranty:
Challenger SRT Demon is covered by FCA US LLC factory warranty, including three-year/36,000-mile limited vehicle warranty and five-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage.
And Dodge has added several other features that allow owners to drive in some comfort:
For owners who want to make their Challenger SRT Demon even more capable on the strip or more comfortable for the street, available options include (all options are set at U.S. MSRP):
- Demon Crate ($1): Exclusive Demon Crate offers components that unleash the car’s 840 horsepower, 770 lb.-ft. of torque and full potential at the drag strip and is personalized with the buyer’s name, VIN and serial number. The Demon Crate and the performance parts it holds are valued at $6,140, but Challenger SRT Demon owners can buy the entire package for $1. Contents of the Demon Crate include:
- Direct Connection Performance Parts:
- Two narrow, front-runner drag wheels
- Performance powertrain control module with high-octane engine calibration
- Replacement instrument panel switch module with high-octane button
- Personalized ID badge
- Conical performance air filter
- Two valve stems
- Passenger mirror block-off plate
- Demon-branded track tools:
- Hydraulic floor jack with carrying bag
- Cordless impact wrench with charger
- Torque wrench with extension and socket
- Tire pressure gauge
- Fender cover
- Tool bag
- Foam case that fits into the Challenger SRT Demon trunk and securely holds the front runner wheels and track tools
- Cloth rear seat ($1)
- Leather rear seat ($1)
- Front passenger cloth seat ($1)
- Demon trunk carpet kit ($1)
- Red seat belts ($195)
- Leather Front Seat Group includes Laguna leather and Alcantara suede covered seats with embossed Demon head logo, front passenger seat, heated and ventilated leather front seats with heated steering wheel, premium floor mats, power tilt/telescoping column and bright pedals ($1,595)
- Comfort Audio Group, Cloth Seats, includes front passenger cloth seat, 18-speaker Harman Kardon Audio, including two subwoofers and 900W amplifier, premium floor mats and bright pedals ($995)
- Painted Black Satin Hood ($1,995)
- Comfort Group, Leather Seats, includes Laguna leather and Alcantara suede covered seats with embossed Demon head logo, front passenger seat, heated and ventilated leather front seats with heated steering wheel, premium floor mats, power tilt/telescoping column, bright pedals, 18-speaker Harman Kardon Audio, including two subwoofers and 900W amplifier ($2,495)
- Painted Black Satin Graphics Package, available with all 15 exterior colors, includes satin black painted hood, roof and decklid ($3,495)
- For buyers who must have a sunroof – Power sunroof ($4,995)
Who wants to drive in a super car if it does not have seat belts?