Automakers have an inventory problem. They have a total of 4.1 million new cars they’d really like to sell, and if you’re looking for passenger car, now could be a good time to go shopping.
Passenger-car inventory totaled 79 days of supply, 12 days above the long-term average and the second-highest total in 25 years. Light-truck (pickups, sport utility vehicles and crossovers) inventory began the month of March with 71 days of supply, three days below the long-term average.
Analysts at Kelley Blue Book (KBB) have parsed the data and created a list of the 10 best lease, financing and cash back deals available for March. Jack Nerad, executive editorial director and executive market analyst at KBB, said:
We’re three months into 2017, and yet many dealers still have brand-new 2016 model-year vehicles sitting on their lots they can’t wait to sell, and that presents a great opportunity for shoppers to get a good deal. If you’re going to keep the car for the long haul the fact that it is a 2016 doesn’t make much difference, but factor the model year in if you plan to flip the car in two or three years. It will be worth less than a comparable 2017. The good news is this month’s list of the best deals truly offers something for everyone.
Here’s KBB’s list with the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) and the highlights of the deals on offer this month.
- 2017 Infiniti QX30: MSRP of $33,595; 39-month lease with $1,999 down payment and monthly payments of $259
- 2016 Hyundai Veloster: $18,835; $4,000 cash back on purchase price
- 2017 Toyota Sienna: $37,070; 36-month lease with $1,999 down payment and monthly payments of $289
- 2017 Jeep Cherokee: $26,540; $4,500 cash back on purchase price
- 2017 Lexus CT 200h: $32,245; 36-month lease with $1,499 down payment and monthly payments of $249
- 2016 Ford Focus: $19,930; $3,000 cash back on purchase price
- 2016 Kia Optima: $22,990; 36-month lease with $1,999 down payment and monthly payments of $159
- 2017 Volkswagen Passat: $23,260; 0% financing plus $1,000 cash back on purchase price
- 2017 Buick Envision: $43,245; 36-month lease with $3,699 down payment and monthly payments of $299
- 2017 Nissan Sentra: $19,655; 36-month lease with $1,999 down payment and monthly payments of $149
Additional details on the vehicles are available at the KBB website.