If you received a new Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone or iPad for Christmas, you might also be looking for some popular apps to load on that new mobile device.
There are millions of free apps available for iOS devices, but some of the paid apps are as good as free, costing as little as $0.99. Of course the app makers hope buyers will spend more on upgrades and in-app purchases, but that’s up to you.
In our role as Santa’s helper, we’ve taken a look at the most popular paid apps at the iTunes store and offer the following list as a quick guide to what you might want to purchase.
- Assassin’s Creed is an action-adventure game that spawned its own movie released just yesterday. The game was developed by Ubisoft and costs $0.99.
- Heads Up is a mobile version of a game Ellen DeGeneres plays on her daytime TV show. It was developed by Warner Bros and sells for $0.99.
- Minecraft is an open-world game that allows players to build a world from the things they discover. The game developer is Mojang and Minecraft sells for $6.99.
- NBA 2K17 is a sports video game based on National Basketball Association (NBA) teams. The game developer is 2K and the game costs $2.99.
- Alto’s Adventure is an endless-runner snowboarding game developed and published by Snowman. The game sells for $0.99 at the iTunes store.
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch is third-person adventure game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The game developer is Young Horses, Inc. and Octodad sells for $0.99.
- RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic is a simulation and construction game related to amusement park management. Atari is the game’s developer and this one costs $5.99.
- Geometry Dash is a rhythm-based runner game. The developer is Sweden-based RobTop Games AB and the game costs $0.99.
- Moji Maker is what it sounds like: a game that allows users to make their own emojis. The developer is AppMoji Inc. and the game costs $0.99, a 50% discount from the regular price according to the iTunes store listing.
- Mini Metro is a strategy simulation game in which players design a subway map for a city. The developer is Dinosaur Polo Club and the game sells for $0.99, a limited-time discount of 80% according to the iTunes store listing.