We are right in the thick of earnings season and below is a snapshot of some of the key earnings reports with price changes if available:
- Air Tran (NYSE: AAI) -$0.02 EPS vs -$0.02 estimate.
- American Electric Power (NYSE: AEP) $0.52 EPS vs $0.50 estimate.
- American Express (NYSE: AXP) $0.71 EPS vs $0.71 estimate; stock fell 2% after-hours.
- Burlington Northern (NYSE: BNI) $1.46 EPS vs $1.37 estimate.
- Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH) $0.90 EPS vs. $0.87 estimate, lowered guidance.
- Chattem (NASDAQ: CHTT) $0.76 EPS vs $0.65 estimate.
- Corinthian Colleges (NASDAQ: COCO) $0.11 EPS vs. $0.11 estimate; lending changes and reimbursement changes will lower earnings in second half to make 2008 at lower-end of expectations.
- Countrywide Financial (NYSE: CFC) posted earnings; maintained dividend; shares up 1.5% pre-market.
- Dow Chemical (NYSE: DOW) $0.84 EPS vs $0.80 estimate;
- Eli Lilly (NYSE: LLY) $0.90 EPS vs $0.87 estimate.
- EMC (NYSE: EMC) $0.24 EPS vs $0.22 estimate
- 3M (NYSE: MMM) $1.19 EPS vs $1.17 estimate; $6.2 Billion vs. $6.12B estimate; reiterated 10% EPS growth for 2008.
- Accidental Petroleum (NYSE: OXY) $1.74 EPS vs $1.69 estimate; replaced 116% of its 2007 production.
- SanDisk (NASDAQ: SNDK) posted non-GAAP EPS of $0.69 vs. $0.64 EPS estimate, but guidance was disappointing; stock down 3%.
- Sepracor (NASDAQ: SEPR) trading down 7% after restatements.
- Smurfit Stone (NASDAQ: SSCC) traded up 6% after earnings.
- T.Rowe Price (NASDAQ: TROW) $0.68 EPS vs $0.63 estimate.
- Unisys (NYSE: UIS) $0.04 EPS vs $0.12 estimate; although shares up almost 4%.
- VMware (NYSE: VMW) trading down 20% or more after revenue number was light.
- Waddell & Reed (NYSE: WDR) $0.42 EPS vs. $0.42 estimate.
- Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) traded down 22% after beating earnings but lowering guidance.
Jon C. Ogg
January 29, 2008