These are most of the general analyst calls we have seen with downgrades or negative implications this Wednesday morning in the early pre-market trading hours:
- Allscripts-Misys (NASDAQ: MDRX) Cut to Neutral at UBS.
- Anglo American (NASDAQ: AAUK) Cut to Hold at Citigroup.
- eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY) Started as Sell at Collins Stewart.
- HJ Heinz (NYSE: HNZ) Cut to Market Perform at Bernstein.
- GT Solar (NASDAQ: SOLR) Started as Buy at Kaufman Brothers.
- Investment Tech (NYSE: ITG) Cut to Sell at Goldman Sachs.
- Novo-Nordisk (NYSE: NVO) Cut to Sell at Citigroup.
- Siemens (NYSE: SI) Cut to Neutral at Merrill Lynch.
- Simcere Pharmaceutical Group. (NYSE: SCR) Cut to Neutral at Goldman Sachs.
- Southern Copper (NYSE: PCU) Cut to Sell at UBS.
- Suntech Power (NYSE: STP) Cut to Underperform at FBR.
- VisionChina Media (NASDAQ: VISN) Cut to Perform at Oppenheimer.
There were also many financial downgrades and some downgrades specific to the oil patch this morning as well. As you can see by the few upgrades noted earlier, the pace of downgrades is still greatly exceeding upgrades.
Jon C. Ogg
January 14, 2009