This Wall Street favorite is a solid biopharma play. BioMarin Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: BMRN) develops and commercializes innovative biopharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions.
The company’s commercial products include the following:
- Vimizim is an enzyme replacement therapy for the treatment of mucopolysaccharidosis (MPS) IV type A, a lysosomal storage disorder.
- Naglazyme is a recombinant form of N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase for patients with MPS VI.
- Kuvan is a proprietary synthetic oral form of 6R-BH4 that is used to treat patients with phenylketonuria (PKU), an inherited metabolic disease.
- Palynziq is a PEGylated recombinant phenylalanine ammonia lyase enzyme that is delivered through subcutaneous injection to reduce blood Phe concentrations.
- Brineura is a recombinant human tripeptidyl peptidase 1 for the treatment of patients with ceroid lipofuscinosis type 2, a form of Batten disease.
- Voxzogo is a once daily injection analog of c-type natriuretic peptide for the treatment of achondroplasia.
- Aldurazyme is a purified protein designed to be identical to a naturally occurring form of the human enzyme alpha-L-iduronidase.
In addition, the company develops valoctocogene roxaparvovec, an adeno-associated virus vector, which is in Phase 3 clinical trial for the treatment of patients with severe hemophilia A. BMN 307 is an AAV5 mediated gene therapy that is in Phase 1/2 clinical trial to normalize blood Phe concentration levels in patients with PKU, and BMN 255 is in Phase 1/2 clinical trial for treating primary hyperoxaluria.
Goldman Sachs has a price target of $176, and the consensus target on BioMarin Pharmaceuticals stock is $112.61. Tuesday’s closing print was $83.15, so hitting the target would be a huge gain in excess of 106%.
Investors looking for a blue-chip aerospace and defense idea can jump on this top stock. Boeing Co. (NYSE: BA) designs, develops, manufactures, sells, services and supports commercial jetliners, military aircraft, satellites and missile defense, human space flight and launch systems worldwide.
Its Commercial Airplanes segment provides commercial jet aircraft for passenger and cargo requirements, as well as fleet support services.
The Defense, Space & Security segment engages in the research, development, production and modification of manned and unmanned military aircraft and weapons systems; strategic defense and intelligence systems, which include strategic missile and defense systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, cyber and information solutions and intelligence systems; and satellite systems, such as government and commercial satellites and space exploration.
Sponsored: Tips for Investing
A financial advisor can help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of investment properties. Finding a qualified financial advisor doesn’t have to be hard. SmartAsset’s free tool matches you with up to three financial advisors who serve your area, and you can interview your advisor matches at no cost to decide which one is right for you. If you’re ready to find an advisor who can help you achieve your financial goals, get started now.
Investing in real estate can diversify your portfolio. But expanding your horizons may add additional costs. If you’re an investor looking to minimize expenses, consider checking out online brokerages. They often offer low investment fees, helping you maximize your profit.