How Bad Is the Flu Season in Every State?

Print Email

Source: Peter Senyi / iStock

11. Hawaii
> Flu-like illness activity level: High
> Flu-like symptoms so far this flu season (Oct 1- Jan 13): 4.1% of patients
> Flu-like symptoms in offseason (regional): 2.4% of patients
> 65 and over population: 17.0% (8th highest)
> 5 and under population: 7.6% (12th highest)

Source: knowlesgallery / iStock

12. Idaho
> Flu-like illness activity level: Moderate
> Flu-like symptoms so far this flu season (Oct 1- Jan 13): 1.2% of patients
> Flu-like symptoms in offseason (regional): 1.4% of patients
> 65 and over population: 15.2% (21st lowest)
> 5 and under population: 8.1% (7th highest)

Source: standret / iStock

13. Illinois
> Flu-like illness activity level: High
> Flu-like symptoms so far this flu season (Oct 1- Jan 13): 2.5% of patients
> Flu-like symptoms in offseason (regional): 1.8% of patients
> 65 and over population: 14.6% (11th lowest)
> 5 and under population: 7.2% (22nd lowest)

Source: MelissaAnneGalleries / iStock

14. Indiana
> Flu-like illness activity level: High
> Flu-like symptoms so far this flu season (Oct 1- Jan 13): 2.4% of patients
> Flu-like symptoms in offseason (regional): 1.8% of patients
> 65 and over population: 15.0% (15th lowest)
> 5 and under population: 7.6% (14th highest)

Source: vladans / iStock

15. Iowa
> Flu-like illness activity level: Moderate
> Flu-like symptoms so far this flu season (Oct 1- Jan 13): 1.1% of patients
> Flu-like symptoms in offseason (regional): 1.9% of patients
> 65 and over population: 16.4% (15th highest)
> 5 and under population: 7.6% (16th highest)